Memories are made of These

My Human Condition - (Jesus said "I came that they may have life")

.
I want more than religion. I want to experience God as a living presence in my life. Going through religious ceremonies or trying to be good doesn't  seem to be enough. I believe in God but have so little power. I want to witness, to heal, to serve, protect human life, promote human dignity, defend the poor, to change society ... but i can't as i am a simple, ordinary person with little spiritual vitality. I  desperately want a personal experience with God.  I was told that Christianity is not about knowing something about God but to know God personally. Than why am i not experiencing God as a living experience. Is it because i am forcing an experience with God and not recognizing the presence of God. Back to basics.