Memories are made of These

TGIF !!! ... Since the weekend is here (25 November 2011)

 
TGIF !! ... Since the weekend is here & most of us will be visiting our respective house of worship, let us not forget that going down on our knees or raising-up our hands or joss-sticks to the Almighty is meaningless, when we fail to respond to those in need.
When we say “I am a Christian” or “I am a Muslim” or “I am a Hindu” or “I am a Buddhist” etc, we are actually declaring the Inner Beauty, T
ruth and the Goodness of God. However all these virtues and intrinsic qualities of God are realized or reflected through us who are the followers by how we treat our fellow human beings who are God’s creation. Thus whatever we do to the least of these “the PRISONER , the SICK, the BEDRIDDEN, the DYING, the HOMELESS, the STRANGER, the AGED, the HUNGRY, the DISABLED, the PRISONER etc “, we do it to God.
WATCH IT !!! On judgment day He will tell us “FOR I WAS HUNGRY and you gave me NOTHING to eat, I WAS THIRSTY and you gave me NOTHING to drink, I WAS A STRANGER and you DID NOT invite me in, I NEEDED CLOTHES and you DID NOT clothe me, I WAS SICK and IN PRISON and you DID NOT look after me. But we will answer, ‘…. when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? And He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, YOU DID NOT DO FOR ME.’
As children of God we have all been tasked with these moral responsibilities through which we are measured. Thus, going to places of worship or making offerings or just praying through the Holy Books only, becomes meaningless when we fail to respond to those in need as the Measure That We Give, Is The Measure That We Will Receive.
Have a wonderful & God filled weekend as we listen to Elvis Presley singing “ In The Ghetto “

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw
www.youtube.com
elvis in the early 70s!!!! "Avaible on Special Edition DVD by Warner Bros"