Memories are made of These

I asked for strength

 .
I asked for strength, that I might achieve,He made me weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things,I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy,I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life,I was given life, that I may enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for, but everything that I had hoped for,Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered,I am among all men, most richly blessed.

This was found on the body of an unknown soldier of the Confederate Army, Killed at the battle of Gettysburg in the American Civil War. By Catholic Church on Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 6:26am

*********************************************************************************************************************